Texas 21

Devoted to discussion about the 21st Congressional District of Texas. Currently occupied by Congressman Lamar Smith (R).

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Courage for Congress

At this point, I don't know much about John Courage. He's got a website and I'll be keeping an eye out.

Three things I do know that make me very pleased about this development:

1. He's run before (2002), though in 2004 the Democratic nominee was ghost candidate Rhett Smith.

2. He's RUNNING now. The website shows serious intent and heaven knows Sockpuppet Lamar Smith has been hiding under Tom Delay's shadow for far too long.

3. You've gotta love the beauty of "Congressman Courage". Well, at least if you're a metaphor geek like me you do.

3 Comments:

Blogger LookinForward said...

This is AWESOME. Way to get rocking and rolling. We need him out of there, this is a very active district and Lamar Smith is beatable if Courage gets the right support.

Count me in as a researcher and advocate.

5:21 PM  
Blogger boadicea said...

Excellent!

I've no idea how this will develop, but I figured I'd see how things went after a start.

I'm going to work on bios of declared candidates next, I think. Email me if you've got any suggestions or would like to take one on-

6:14 PM  
Blogger Reuel said...

I was asked to cross-post this here:


Lamar Smith's speech on Judicial Activism: Did Lamar Smith fail U.S. History and Government in school?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home